One temperature record after another has been broken in recent years and heatwaves, storms and floods are becoming both more frequent and more severe.
Experts from The Petersfield Society, PeCAN (Petersfield Climate Action Network) and ACAN held a public meeting in Alton on 7 September 2023 to share the latest thinking on reducing the impact of heatwaves, and how we can protect ourselves by adapting our homes, gardens and greenspace. The presentations of the speakers can be downloaded from the link below. They contain useful information and weblinks to our sources.
The presentations are:
- Introduction (Jenny Griffiths and Andy Moffat)
- Public health matters! (Jenny Griffiths, ACAN)
- How to stop your home becoming a sauna (Peter Moss, PeCAN)
- How your garden can keep you cool (Melanie Oxley, PeCAN and The Petersfield Society)
- Greenspace – the town’s refrigerator (Andy Moffat, The Petersfield Society)